I had this whole majestic post about my dad started, but it was a little over the top, even for me. Then, I read Caitlin’s post over at Healthy Tipping Point, and loved the idea of a simple list of things I get from my dad. Because, boy, am I like my dad. Sometimes I think I am becoming more like him each and every day.
Here are some of the things I get from my dad:
- My passion. My dad is driven and passionate about the things he loves, and I have certainly taken after him in the way that I chase after things with gusto.
- Love of learning. My dad is curious and interested in learning about things. When he takes on a new hobby, he devours all the information he can find about it. I can constantly be found targeting a new topic and learning everything I can about it.
- My short, stubby eyelashes.
- My addiction to racing, especially running. I will never forget how amazing it was to watch my dad cross the finish line at his marathons. My love of running certainly came from him, and now I enjoy the time we can spend cycling together.
- My fierce stubborn streak.
- My love of aviation and Amelia Earhart.
- My habit of randomly splurging on others… and myself!
- My love of socializing and entertaining.
My mom frequently will stop mid-conversation, look at me, shake her head, and say, “You are your father’s daughter.”
And that’s just fine with me.